Sunday, June 21, 2009

Floaty Head

It's either I've truly succeeded in living within my own little segregated world, or I'm somehow impersonating some kind of acting roles in my so-called reality. Every now and then you hear these comments about you that brings one of those immediate reactions where you go,"HUHHHH????"
Of course, the first thought that we had trained ourselves to believe is to never be subjected to what others may think of us. In other words, to NOT GIVE A DAMN about people's opinion.
We strive very hard for it, but as hard as we try,we know we can't run away from it. This is my theory:So long as I myself have judgements and opinions, I am willing to accept the fact that every other human probably does as well. But this 'acceptance' does not necessarily mean the act of being affected by those opinions. It's really the question of whether you agree/disagree with those ideas, in which it then becomes something you want to negotiated with, by 'choice' really.

It just amazes me how Dad had said,"you're kinda like racist,you only stick to certain kind of people".
I swear,there and then my entire thinking system went *blank*.
I responded by saying it is absolutely not true.But, I'm so glad I didn't get too defensive.Instead, the thought chuckled me a bit.Because I know myself better than that.I completely understood the various perceptions in which his ideas were coming from. But I just didn't see the point of justifying myself,to the point that he would abolish those perceptions. I'm really not planning to 'correct' it.
In the end of the day, how far would you go to defend the self in this world of judgements?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there's no need to defend ourselves, really, but it doesn't mean we gotta compromise who we are either.

it's like, flowing with the chaos, instead of going against it.

hm. :)