Friday, February 6, 2009

4 February

One year ago...

On an open balcony along a little room on Green St, a group of people of various background came together to celebrate..

I remember thinking that my birthday really shouldn't matter,because it really should be just another day. However the turn-out said otherwise, I was granted the company of people who cared. Or at least who wanted me to know that it did matter.

Was it the suprising visits of random people?Or the presence of these special street-boys that had the ukulele strumming all night?I remember,taking a step back to have an overview of what was before my eyes. It was these people, who walked into my life. Their relevance were not necessarily measured through the time span that we knew each other.It was merely ...the moment,that had brought everybody together. I guess there and then,it made sense for everybody to be where they were.


..and then One Year Later..
on a regular weekday, in a classy lounge along the streets of Kuala Lumpur..

I was taken by suprise again.
and had been Given the privilege of being celebrated by people who had already walked into my life for a fair amount of time. And once again,I stepped back and saw another moment. Far different from what it had been, of time,place, and people.
Yet, it had brought a smile to my face.
I am grateful to be surrounded by the 'good people' that come and go..This, I will never forget.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weeee! nicely written:) Short & Sweet~ glad you got the surprise and the smile on your face:)))