Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No-where?Sounds good.

There are days when the sun forces its way through my skin, while the night surprises me with gushes of chilly wind.
I had a "hippie"(as how you humans would label it) moment last night. A gorgeous drive into the quiet parts of the countryside had blessed me with a kind of darkness I secretly enjoy. The kind where the sky is painted with stars, so refined that you imagined to see the milky way, whether or not it really was, does it matter? I was reminded of the time I was riding in the car to Bam, Iran and had stuck my entire body out on the edge of the window...feeling the air of the desert. How i would never forget that moment.
I love how memories eventually becomes a point of reference to new found experiences.
(Back to the story)
Driving in the quiet side of punta del este would have been scary for the weak hearted, or mainly, anyone who resides in a city with the comfort of electricity.Amidst the dark streets the headlights became a pest to my view as the wind fights its way through my body. I wanted the blackness and the stars and only that like a whiny child. I was on the edge of the window again and despite its familiarity, there´s always a way to love it like a first timer.
Finally arrived the location in pitch dark, and found my way through the sight of candle in white paperbags. Upon arrival, a comedian couple was doing an act and though it was is spanish, i found my way to make sense of their jokes. I thought to myself, how peculiar and different their humour can be.
The magical experience began right after.
If i were to even try to make a link to what it was, i´d say "psyambient" though it may not even be it. A bunch of musicians or spiritual people or actors or magicians or gypsies or whatever you may call it were putting up a performance. And when I put up a video, I will know that its okay that I don´t have the words to describe it. Juggling around with fire was one of the element I can share. Eclectic music, psychedelic colours, hypnotized beings, woman with beard, dude with chained fireball,do-i-sound-crazy-right-about-now?
I don´t have the words for what I saw last night, but I do know that it was merely a preview to my next awakening.
i left the place with a sick sense of relief, and rode back to normalcy.


No comments: